This was the perfect book for me to read in 2020 while I had so much time to contemplate it at home. It truly opened my eyes and gave me solid steps to begin to break free from the stuck areas of my life. It is a 40 day journey and so it is a perfect book to read through during Lent. That is why I will be facilitating a small group through this book study beginning March 2nd. Sign up at the link below if this is something you would be interested in joining. You can also get free materials to go along with this book by signing up on Mastin’s website.
Mastin Kipp wants to help you step into your power and purpose by dissolving away all that is blocking you and keeping you stuck. He follows Joseph Campbell’s hero’s journey, dividing his book into 4 sections: Seperation, Initiation, Ordeal, and the Journey Home. He goes from identifying your wounds and limiting beliefs from the past to creating your goals and action steps once you have determined your purpose. Each day has a description followed by reflection questions, a meditation, or a journaling exercise. Then he ends each day with a short affirmation and prayer.
What I like about this book:
- I liked the new outlook that he gave about how fear is your friend.
- The journaling exercises were powerful for me.
- He gave real life examples that made his material easy to understand.
- The flow of the book was organized and easy to follow.
- I put down the book feeling empowered, encouraged, and with clearer direction.
- This book requires setting aside time daily to work on the exercises. Some days may take hours to work on while others might be 10 minutes, all based on your past traumas or how much you have already thought about your purpose. In order to benefit from the work, you need to be able to give it the time and not take too long a break between days.
- He does bring God into the book so it is not just self-help but also based in Christian beliefs.
Step boldly into your Purpose and know that from God’s perspective, you are already loved, already approved of, and perfectly made. There is no flaw in you. When you own it, live it, and then help others do the same by your example, you know you are truly powerful and free.”-Mastin Kipp
About the Author: Julie Glaser is a healer who creates sacred spaces for people to share, release, and grow. She’s in the habit of being in awe and wonder and writes to share her own experiences and learnings with other inquisitive souls in the process of transforming.