This book called to me 3 years ago when I was becoming desperate to find my soulmate. That was the reason that I began the book but that was not the reason that I kept with it. I found that Katherine addressed much more than just issues with romantic relationships. Each day was a new creative way to look at different baggage that I had been carrying, from old belief systems to unhealed wounds. It addressed my relationship with money, my parents, and even my own self. It didn’t just address the past, but also grounded me in the present and taught me how to live my future life in the present. I grew so much over the course of the book, that I even did the book a second time a year later. And I will tell you that many good men came into my life during that time, and I truly felt like I was calling them in without even trying. After I recommended this book to a friend who had been in different talk therapies for years, she said that this book was the most comprehensive collection of therapeutic exercises that she had encountered. Two other friends that I helped walk through the book met men that they either married or were in a serious relationship with by the end of the book. I am not guaranteeing anything but that you will learn and grow and will get in touch with “the one”…”the one” being your own true self.
Calling in the One: 7 Weeks to Attract the Love of Your Life is made up of 49 “Lessons” broken into 7 weekly topics. The topics include: Preparing for love, Completions, Healing Core Wounds, Setting Your Course, First Things First, A Life Worth Living, and Living Love Fulfilled. Each lesson begins with a personal story or example followed by a practice and then a bonus practice in action to do throughout that day.
Katherine Woodward Thomas writes in the beginning of the book: There is a huge chasm between wanting to find your ideal partner and being truly available for that person when he or she appears. This course is about bridging that chasm. It shows you how to set up a strong intention to love and be loved, then outlines in clear, specific steps what you can do to make your intention become a reality.
Katherine is a licensed psychotherapist with years of experience to draw on. She asks you to consider 3 premises before starting the course: 1. Life is a creative process and our thoughts, beliefs, assumptions, choices, actions, and words are the tools that we use to invent our experiences and our circumstances. 2. We have the ability to create circumstances and opportunities in our lives by setting clear intentions and by committing to and living in alignment with these intentions. 3. When you alter your relationship with yourself, your external world will alter accordingly.
What I like about this book:
- Quick, daily readings that kept me on track each day.
- The combination of meditations, journaling prompts, and physical challenges worked on different facets of my being- mind, body, and spirit. The variety kept it fresh.
- The example stories from her coaching sessions and her own life gave clear illustrations of the point that she wanted to make so that was easy to understand and remember.
- The meaningful quotes in the margins.
- If you have not been journaling, or you have not been in the practice of going through a book over the course of a few weeks, this might be too much for you to chew!
- It may take you much longer than 7 weeks to go through it. You may want to take a few days to do one lesson or you may need a break for a week because life happens. You can do this book in your own time…its divine timing after all!
- Many need the support of a counselor or small group to keep them accountable and on track. There may be things that come up that you would like to talk through with an unbiased person. Click the button below if you want to join our group beginning this month!
About the Author: Julie Glaser is a healer who creates sacred spaces for people to share, release, and grow. She’s in the habit of being in awe and wonder and writes to share her own experiences and curiosities with other inquisitive souls in the process of transforming.