Bliss + Discipline= Blissipline. So be a disciple of your bliss; in other words, what you love. Follow those things that bring you happiness. And I am speaking of happiness, not just temporary pleasure. So how do you do that? Well, like any good discipline it takes study. It is about learning how to listen to yourself and how to love yourself. Do you know how to listen to your heart’s wisdom? Do you know how to love yourself? If not, try some of these steps below.
- Meditate. Taking time to sit in silence, to go for a walk in nature, or to ponder a scripture passage are 3 different ways you could build a meditation practice. At the beginning of each day, ask yourself, “What do I need today?“ Take a moment to meditate and listen to the answer.
- Keep a record of your patterns. You can journal about what brought you gratitude each day or you can try the daily practice of the Examen. Use a guided version with the free Reimagining the Examen app. The Examen can help you to notice the areas that are not bringing you joy as well.
- Remind yourself that you are worthy. Do you struggle with feeling like you do not deserve happiness? Perhaps you have valued playing the martyr role. Or maybe you constantly beat yourself up over the things that you did wrong. Remember that we are all human and that we are all unconditionally loved by God.
- Feel your way. When you are making a decision whether or not to do something, check in with what you feel your heart trying to tell you. When I talk about feelings, I am talking about your extra senses, you intuition. Most people have one way that comes most easily to them, but you can really develop many ways. Here are some of the most common ways people feel their intuition:
- a physical reaction in their body, in their gut
- colors or images come to mind, vivid dreams, often symbolic
- a word or phrase that pops into their head, a song that they hear, or what comes out when writing in a journal
- a surge of emotion, like fear or tears of joy welling to their eyes
If you would like more help exploring your intuition, click below for this limited time offer.
About the Author: Julie Glaser is a healer who creates sacred spaces for people to share, release, and grow. She’s in the habit of being in awe and wonder and writes to share her own experiences and curiosities with other inquisitive souls in the process of transforming.