During the Pandemic, people have been creating and maintaining physical boundaries. But what about your energetic boundaries? Do you realize how important fortifying your energetic field is in building your immune system and protecting you from the negativity coming from others? Many of us have damaged boundaries that can be repaired once we identify them. This book offers a starting point for examining and learning how to set healthy energetic boundaries for yourself.
Cyndi Dale writes about the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual layers of our energy and how to create and protect their boundaries. She includes specific chapters on spiritual syndromes, tips for energizing boundaries, work success, making money, love relationships, and even parenting. To illustrate the content, she uses stories about her clients, findings from research studies, and her own personal beliefs.
What I like about this book:
- She has helpful diagrams in the book demonstrating the layers of the auric fields and what disturbances may look like and illustrating other visualizations.
- The 7 syndromes that she describes were easy to understand and to identify which ones that I have noticed in myself and others. She includes a bulleted list of “symptoms” and examples from real people.
- The 6 categories of misperceptions/beliefs that can damage our energy field made a lot of sense to me. I liked how she could turn each one into a statement to transform the belief into a more mature version rather than shaming ourselves. For example, when you are feeling unloveable you can say, “I am open to feeling and sensing love.”
- I liked various exercises offered in the chapters on work and money and found them insightful to my own situation.
- There are many ideas about gemstones, colors, shapes, numbers, etc. being used for healing. This might not ring true for you, but can easily be skipped over.
- Some of this book is written more specifically for those in the healing profession and so parts may feel like it is over your head or that it doesn’t pertain to you.
- She focuses much of her description on how the auric field, chakras, and other energies appear, but not everyone can see them. I, myself, am not as in tune to the visual but can sense disturbances in other ways. I would have liked for her to expand on the other ways of sensing.
- The exercises in the book are helpful as long as you know how to get started. For example, “Uncovering Your Storyline” requires you to answer questions about a traumatic event that led to your current energetic problem. The questions are great, but there is no real guidance to help you identify the traumatic event if you do not already know it. She does supply a helpful chakra chart that gives you a timeline, so that at least you can know about what age you were when that chakra became disturbed. But other than meditating on it, there is no clear direction for how to identify the root trauma.
- This book is from 2011, so it does not include the latest scientific research.
Our energetic boundaries border our spiritual selves and promote our true nature…When created and managed correctly, they make sure that our real selves-not the ideas, thoughts, and beliefs that aren’t us-are in charge of our lives. And they share information with the world, telling everyone exactly who we are, what we want, and how they can treat us.”-Cyndi Dale